Manager Process Engineering
• To ensure that all activities carried out are in accordance with
regulatory requirements and with Company health, safety and
environmental policies and procedures.
• Define, lead, and execute technology delivery programs to generate
process data, optimize and de-risk process technology and generate
• Develop order of magnitude and budgetary cost estimates for new
process designs and plant modifications.
• Deliver new technology Process and Instrumentation Diagrams
(P&IDs) on schedule to the project team and support execution of project
for implementation at the pilot and commercial scale.
• Incorporate commercial drivers into project objectives to target both
commercial and technical success.
• Manage technical professionals who develop appropriate engineering
models to support scale-up and operation of technologies.
• Work collaboratively with scientists and engineers at all locations.
• Partner with external consultants, vendors, and other entities to
efficiently execute programs as needed.
• BS in Chemical Engineering or equivalent, MS/PhD a plus
• 8+ years process development experience in an industrial
• 2+ years’ experience managing technical professionals
• Demonstrated experience planning and managing multi-disciplinary
process development teams and projects using project management
• Demonstrated use of Six Sigma tools and techniques or similar to
analyze data from development programs, plan and prioritize tasks, and
develop design parameters for commercial process technology
• Analytical approach to defining unit operations and developing
process equipment calculations
• Experience with full scale chemical plant operation and scale-up from
laboratory to pilot and full plant production
• Proven experience in translating process chemistry to an existing
plant or a new process design
• Effective communication of progress and results through formal and
• Specialized expertise in any of the following is a plus: crystallization,
filtration, converting batch processing to continuous, integrated
• Professional engineering license is a plus