|Home Return to Job Opportunities
• Ensures the reliability and operability of all equipment, processes,
utilities, controls and safety/security systems.
• Maintains Distributed Control System (DCS) and Programable Logic
Controllers (PLC). Must be fluent in Modicon, Allen Bradley, Siemens
SIMATIC, and Omron PLC Languages and be skilled at troubleshooting
and modifying logic and graphics as needed for plant improvements.
• Gathers and examines plant downtime data and analyzes the data using
well-defined engineering techniques, principles and procedures to
prioritize improvement opportunities.
• Utilizes and champions the Management of Change process by updating
the plant equipment files and drawings including P&IDs, PFD’s, electrical
one-lines, equipment data sheets, PSV/PRD, basic engineering data
document (BEDD), relief system and engineering standards.
• Works closely with the Operations and Plant Services teams to design,
develop, monitor and improve the asset-based maintenance program
through the development of value-added preventive maintenance tasks,
the effective use of predictive and other non-destructive testing and
methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability
• Initiates root cause failure analysis (RCFA) for equipment and process
failures and presents findings and recommendations to management.
• Designs, leads and coordinates the implementation of solutions to
repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect operations.
Problems include capacity, efficiency, quality, cost.
• 5+ years operations or maintenance/reliability engineering experience in
the refining or chemical processing industry.
• Experience in process/project engineering work.
• B.S. Degree in a technical discipline, preferably Engineering or related