|Return to Job Descriptions Home
• Champions and models a safety-first environment by positively driving
the maintenance team safety culture through training, addressing safety
issues, and building strong employee safety attitudes.
• Leads the maintenance team responsible for all plant physical assets
including building, grounds, plant machinery and equipment at the facility.
• Works with HSE and Operations teams to create, implement, and
maintain an OSHA compliant Process Safety Management (PSM)
framework and workplace.
• Establishes, owns and tracks all key performance indicators (KPIs)
relative to reliability and maintenance strategy at the facility.
Uses KPI measures to ensure compliance with engineering and reliability
standards and continually improves overall reliability, quality and cost.
• Develop and execute long-term reliability centered maintenance (RCM)
program and capital strategy to meet business plan goals.
• Develop and execute the Asset Integrity Management program to
maintain and inspect the facility assets including; static and rotating
equipment/machinery, electrical equipment, instrument and control
equipment in a fit-for-service condition while extending its remaining life
in the most reliable, safe, and cost-effective manner.
• Develop equipment files and implement the computerized maintenance
management system (CMMS) for management and documentation of
facility maintenance work and asset history.
• Develop and execute annual engineering and maintenance plans (safety,
environmental, quality, personnel, financial, etc.) and budgets in alignment
with business plan objectives.
• Works with the Engineering group and Operations Teams to develop and
execute engineered solutions to resolve facility issues.
• Creates a base of qualified vendors to source materials and execute
work as needed and to ensure resources are available on short notice.
• Develops teams through the establishment of goals. Provides coaching
and mentoring through informal as well as the formal performance
review process to effectively communicate and manage employee
• Creates an environment of self-development and self-direction for the
workforce through coaching and training on equipment knowledge, skills
and techniques to provide organizational strength and individual growth
within the organization.
• Responsible for assuring all company policies, rules and guidelines are
being followed and administered in a fair and consistent manner.
Provide direct assistance to Human Resources for all employee issues.
• 10+ years of experience in refinery/chemical or mining plant(s) including
5 years of experience in supervisory/management position.
• Strong command of plant reliability and maintenance processes and
mechanical integrity principles.
• Experience in process/project engineering work.
• Demonstrated abilities in successfully leading change management.
• B.S. Degree in a technical discipline, preferably Engineering or related