• Based on evaluation of customer technical information (Technical
Package) from the Technology Department the individual will determine
best asset fit across manufacturing locations.
• Complete detailed analysis for potential product movements from one
plants to another to improve utilization across sites and serve as Project
Manager for projects implemented.
• Work closely with both corporate and site engineering groups to
establish capital estimates for new projects.
• Develop tools & detailed asset lists that can be used to evaluate
alternatives and generate first pass product cost / capital estimates on a
• Work closely with site technical, engineering and regulatory operations
teams to ensure that all elements of product fit have been evaluate and
determine to be acceptable.
• Project management (coordination) for product transfers to full scale
• Evaluation and coordination of third party manufacturers to implement
processing required to manufacture new products that cannot be done
house due to lack of capability or for economic reasons.
• Financial assessment of alternative for asset use (existing products).
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering
• 5-10 years’ experience in a chemical manufacturing background
• Proven experience leading multi-disciplinary projects
• Ability to travel to locations globally
• Strong knowledge of batch manufacturing processes and exposure to full
scale chemical plant operation.
• Ability to conduct economic assessments to evaluate alternative use of
assets and to establish costing that can be the basis for determining
pricing that will generate a return consistent with the business objectives.
• Ability to work across functions to execute projects in a timely and
expeditious manner to meet response time to customers.
• Ability to evaluate tollers and coordinate activities to set up processes for
ongoing processing by sleeted third party providers.