|Home Return to Job Descriptions
Responsible for providing senior level engineering capability within the
process engineering team. Job duties include process evaluations,
optimization of refinery operations, equipment and unit health monitoring,
leading project design activities within assigned operating units and
providing unit troubleshooting support along with taking the lead role unit
performance test runs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform engineering activities required to support facility design,
process control configurations, and daily unit operations.
* Generate and implement technical recommendations to improve
refinery operational performance along with safety, environmental,
reliability, and economic objectives.
* Support/lead design analysis, unit modifications and resolution of
technical unit constraints utilizing engineering principles.
* As assigned, perform owner acceptance reviews of process and
equipment design packages developed by internal or third-party
* Provide leadership and coordination of engineering projects to ensure
effective implementation assigned projects.
* Learns and trains others in process safety for area of responsibility.
Keeps process safety as primary concern in all technical
recommendations. Leads and/or participates in MOCs, PHAs and PSM
audits as necessary and completes assigned safety action items.
* Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced Engineering
personnel to improve overall team capabilities.
* Apply sound engineering judgment in selecting and applying engineering
methods to solve plant issues, often times with minimal direction from
supervision or peers.
* Support the achievement of engineering schedules, organizational
commitments and other assigned tasks.
* Participate in industry forums, trade association meetings and other
professional organizations to stay abreast of the latest technological and
strategic industry topics.
* Propose process and control improvements that reduce operating
costs or improve margin.
* Assess value of equipment upgrades, modifications or catalyst changes.
* Train operations, maintenance, technical staff and other refinery staff in
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Foster an environment of open communication, problem resolution, and
* As required, perform equipment performance monitoring and analysis
of equipment failures during facility operation.
* Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, industry
codes and industry standards.
* Apply industrial and radiological safety practices in the performance of
all field duties.
* Identify areas for performance and process improvements.
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of other engineering disciplines and
how to interface effectively across all functional group within the refinery
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical/Process Engineering or related
Experience: 10+ years’ experience in the oil and gas industry.